Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Alice Springs

While at the local Army post today, I ran into a retired Army sergeant whose career field was military intelligence. He says that Alice Springs was among the top five sought-after postings in Army military intelligence. The top sought-after spot was a Navy site in northern Scotland. He says he "closed" that site, probably back in the 90's. We saw personnel from that site when I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath, 1986 - 1989.

Just reminiscing.

I had the opportunity to visit Alice Springs back in 2005 or so but thought it best not to visit. Hmmm...



"the spell of highway one...a woman on my mind...and thinking of the way things might have been...a woman who holds me from the past...if tomorrow ever comes, it will be too late..."

No comments:

Post a Comment