Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last of the Summer Wine and My Days in Yorkshire

My life now revolves around only a few things.

I live for the weekends, so I can watch the British comedies on television.

If anyone wonders how I could fall so much in love with England, all one has to do is watch the British comedies. For the scenery, Last of the Summer Wine cannot be beat for reminding me of the English countryside.

Summer Wine is set in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, England, in the heart of the Pennine Hills.

Over the course of four years or so, back in 2000 - 2004 time period, I returned to Yorkshire, England, numerous times. By my count, I was probably there for a total of nine months. Truly, I cannot recall when I was ever happier than when I was in Yorkshire.

Every weekend when I was in Yorkshire, I would hike the Yorkshire hills, sometimes hiking for twelve hours before I finally got back "home."

"Every time I come up here, the spirit soars."
Last of the Summer Wine, by Roy Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment