Monday, March 19, 2012

Highway 61 and a Blue Toyota Yaris

Whether it is reading or listening to music, I often get into a phase, "my Hemingway phase," "my Virginia Woolf phase," etc.

Right now it's Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited.


Highway 61 Revisited, Million Dollar Basher
Critics have written that Dylan's ability to combine driving, complex, blues-based rock music with the power of poetry made Highway 61 Revisited one of the most influential albums ever recorded. -- Wiki

If I've listened to this song once in the past 72 hours, I've listened to it one hundred times. The louder the better.

If I could I would take a drive from Minnesota to New Orleans on Highway 61. If I could plan it, I would start walking and then have a beautiful woman in a blue Toyota Yaris pick me up. Smile and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment