Friday, May 10, 2024

Seventy Is the New Fifty -- May 10, 2024

I see this blog is still "public." 

I leave it "open" periodically in case Pat is googling me, surfing the net. 

In a different universe, I would be with Pat. I am less than satisfied in my current situation.

If it weren't for the granddaughters, I would be connecting again with Pat. 

On another note, I am smitten with a 30-ish year-old music teacher at Sophia's elementary school.

It's a long story but suffice it to say, I enjoy giving her a teacher's appreciation gift of $100 every three to four months or so. Ms. V-------. O.C. Taylor Elementary School. My goal is to give her a monetary gift for many, many years after I die.

One word: vivacious. 

Pat: was vivacious. For me, she was intellectually curious, and truly had a love for life. I would have loved to explore the world with her in our seventies. For me, 70 is the new 50 and that would have been the same for Pat.

Later: July 5, 2024 -- last night was a particularly hard night for me, thinking about Pat. This morning I'm doing better. I got to thinking about Pat again when I was reading about the Native American mounds east of St Louis, knowing that's where Pat and I would spend a lot of time if things were different.

No comments:

Post a Comment