Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Borderline Personality

This takes me back to 2002 or thereabouts and Yorkshire.

I think a clinical psychologist would enjoy Diane Wood Middlebrook's biography of Anne Sexton, c. 1992.

I'm only a few pages into the book, so I may be premature in writing this, but to me Anne Sexton was a clear example of the borderline personality. So far, that diagnosis has not been mentioned or entertained in the book. (Okay, finally on page 65, I see the word "borderline" and it's possible it was mentioned earlier, but I don't recall seeing it earlier.)

It would be interesting to discuss this with a clinical psychologist, preferably a particularly knowledgeable, compassion therapist.

Maybe more on this later. For the time-being, one can follow my thoughts on Anne Sexton here.

No comments:

Post a Comment