Friday, January 14, 2011

From a House on a Hill

This is taken from my music site:


You Don't Own Me, The Blow Monkeys

I would love to share this with you.

Of course, this song has nothing to do with Hunter S. Thompson, but when I listen to the arrangement by The Blow Monkeys, I think of HST, and reading the poetry he wrote of the Hell's Angels. It makes no sense, I know, but that's what I think of when I have a couple of glasses of white wine and listen to the song. RIP HST.

[Listening to this again, it seemed I had heard the introduction somewhere before.  And then it occurred to me, Nina Simone's "I Put A Spell on You." Not exactly but the same haunting, bluesy beginning. Wow. And then I thought of an atrium in a farmhouse at the top of a hill in Pateley Bridge. Wow.]

No comments:

Post a Comment