Thursday, August 25, 2011

Poetry -- I"ll Talk To Your Eyes That I Love So Much...

If I were teaching poetry for high school students, I would choose "If You Go Away" -- see earlier posting.

One needs to listen to it several times; the couplets, the metaphors are awesome ... I posted some of the couplets on the earlier post ... but I am listening to the song again tonight and I am blown away by it ... how much joy to listen to it with someone special by my side ...

... but if you go, I will understand,
but leave me just enough love to hold in my hand...

... but if you stay, I will make you a night, like no night has been or will be again,
I will sail on your smile, I will ride on your touch, I'll talk to your eyes,
that I love so much...

but if you go, I'll cry, though the "good" is gone from the word "good-bye" ...

Wow, listen to it a dozen times and each time I will guarantee you will hear something new ...

No comments:

Post a Comment