Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stand By Your Man

I'm alone tonight, watching yet another repeat of a DVD aired by the public broadcasting network for their quarterly fundraiser. It's a DVD of "country legends," and I think I'm watching it for the third time in the past 72 hours. I guess I don't really watch it, but it's on in the background, and when something comes on that interests me, I will go over and watch it.

One has to admit that it really is something to see singers like Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn perform. They were really something. They rose to the top the hard way: lots of singing for local venues, and then somehow getting discovered. "American Idol," on the other hand, seems too contrived, manufactured.

Be that as it may, it started off with Tammy Wynette and her classic, and one of my favorites. I hope you can enjoy it.

Stand By Your Man, Tammy Wynette


No comments:

Post a Comment