Friday, November 4, 2011

Music and Memories

It's absolutely incredible how music affects my emotions, stirs memories.

Tonight, for no reason other than it popped up randomly, I was listening to Diana Ross, "Do You Know Where You're Going?" Wow, I found myself transported to the wild highway 110 from downtown Los Angeles driving up to Highland Park, and then up to South Pasadena. I had not expected that. I experienced momentarily an out-of-body experience, feeling myself floating through the turns of that very old highway, and the taking the very short exits to get home. As I write, and listen, the memories get stronger and stronger. "Touch Me In the Morning" by Diana Ross prolongs the feeling.


The Diana Ross videos are here.

It's bittersweet how life turns out. Friday night. Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment