Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Dark End of the Street, James Carr

I spent the day cleaning out the garage.

I was looking for some books that I had put away for later.  I guess today was "later."

I ran across books I had forgotten I had, including Dave Marsh's The Heart of Rock and Soul.

The book is a collection of 1,001 essays writing about 1,001 of the best rock and roll / soul songs ever. And then for good measure, the author adds another 100.

It is incredible to page through the book, find an interesting song / essay, and then listen to it on YouTube while reading the essay.

This one caught my eye: "The Dark End of the Street," by James Carr.


Dark End of the Street, James Carr


Very special meaning. 

I think Tina Fey enjoyed this one: "Karma Chameleon," by Culture Club.


Karma Chameleon, Culture Club

No comments:

Post a Comment