Thursday, July 28, 2011

Amy Winehouse and Deborah Harry (Blondie)

This post seems a bit out of place, but it didn't fit any of my other blogs. I decided this was as good a spot as any, and as we will see in a moment, perhaps better than all.

There has been lots of talk about Amy Winehouse's death these past few days. The question for me is not so much why her, but how have so many escaped a similar tragedy?

I thought of that tonight after watching a documentary of Blondie, which featured Debbie Harry. Blondie was one of my all-time favorites, along with Bee Gees.

I was aware of her drug use during "the day," but didn't think much about it, until last night when I watched a documentary of Blondie again in light of Amy's death.

The question is: how did Blondie, who was probably exposed to as much of the drug culture as Amy, escape the same tragedy that Amy did not.

If, someday, someone puts a documentary of Amy's life on film and then one plays the two documentaries back to back, one might come to some conclusions.

Back to Black, Amy Winehouse




Denis, Blondie

No comments:

Post a Comment