Saturday, January 26, 2013

What A Pity

Wow, this is incredible. I am fortunate enough to have been invited to Amazon.com's Vine program (along with two million others, I suppose).  Two weeks ago, I made an error in not selecting American Isis: Sylvia Plath, by Carl Rollyson. Yesterday, the Vine list arrived again; I did not repeat the mistake. I ordered American Isis; can't wait to read it. And then today, of all things, the book is reviewed (p. C7) in the WSJ, and takes up nearly a full page. This is the most space the WSJ generally gives any subject; this is huge (at least in someone's mind). There is also a wonderful photograph of her gravesite at Heptonstall Parish Church in Yorkshire, England. I did not get to my "Sylvia Plath" stage until I had left Yorkshire; what a pity. I could have driven to Heptsonstall from Pateley Bridge: 40 miles, an hour-and-a-quarter drive; west of Bradford. Interestingly enough, this is in/near Brontë country. Funny how things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment